What to Do?

14/07/11

My wife and I are having our first babies (twins). Last week at the 21 week ultrasound we found out that Baby A has EA. On Friday we went to a pediatric cardiologist for more test. We were informed that it is moderate at this point and that the heart size is about 30% larger then it should be at this point and will just get worse. The doctor’s only give it 10% chance of living after birth. If it goes into heart failure anytime before birth it would then effect Baby B. doctors seem to be thinking that termination is the best option. I have no clue how we are supposed to make this decision.

If anyone has any advice I would love to hear it.

Posted by TomG702.
 

1 Comment »

  1. Prayingthat you had a good outcome and did not terminate the pregnancy. We also were give 10% survival rate and our daughter just turned 1 year old 2 weeks ago. We spent 340 days in the hospital and it was very difficult, but so worth the journey no matter how long we have with her. We have 3 other healthy children. I would be happy to talk to you if you have other questions.

    Comment by Wendy Wilson — March 2, 2012 @ 4:47 am

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URL

Leave a comment

Comment moderation is in use. Please do not submit your comment twice — it will appear shortly.